I’m about to share a note with you that someone gave me twenty years ago. I was at a seminar for clever people doing clever things. It was around 1999 in Toronto. The author of the note was Rosalie Wysocki, a performance motivator at the time.
Much of this advice was very helpful to me in cultivating myself as a young business woman, but it will also be helpful to anyone who just wants to feel like a winner while striving toward their future. Over the course of a lifetime, adopting these techniques can shape your character into a pretty decent, upstanding and respectable human being.
I hope you find it as useful as I did!
How to Be Rich and Happy… Internally
- Live your ideal life… now.
- Do things that are extraordinary and nearly impossible.
- Believe that: If it is to be, it is up to me.
- Think BIG. Dream lofty dreams. Plan. Act immediately.
- Keep in contact with the best, meet people engaged in the best, experience the best.
- Be your own boss. Do what you love and get paid for it.
- Take self inventory annually on your birthday.
- Increase your income daily… whether you work, play, or sleep.
- Do what you do so well that people enthusiastically refer others to you.
- Inspired others by your example.
- Build your reputation for honesty, integrity, quality, and superb service.
- Aim for excellence in your field.
- Support others in achieving their goals.
- Develop influential friendships worldwide.
- Take total responsibility for your past, present, and future experiences.
- Strive to accomplish more with less time, money, and energy.
- Do and say things that benefit all concerned.
- Be open to new ideas, relationship, and experiences.
- Realize that all events happen for the best.
- Plan to do two significant things each year.
- Build a personal development library.
- Take calculate risks to get ahead.
- Read books by and about exciting people you admire.
- Simplify your life, have more fun per hour.
- Know that you are equal to everyone and everyone is equal to you.
- Accept people the way they are and the way they are not.
- Forgive and love everyone.
- Do what you feel is best, no matter what people think of you.
- Catch people “doing it right”!
- Save 10% of your net income.
- Give something away daily… a postcard, letter, gift, smile, hug, compliment.
- Collect pictures of what you want to be, do, and have in life.
- Do not criticize, condemn or complain.
- Act as if it were impossible to fail.
- Dine at the finest restaurants.
- Dress to look and feel great! Mostly solid-colored clothing.
- Collect quotes that motivate you.
- Speak and write only positive words.
- Carry a crisp $100 bill with you at all times.
- Learn something new every day.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes daily to achieve and maintain your ideal body.
- Fifty-seven rules to success:
(a) Deliver the goods.
(b) The other 56 do not matter.
- Avoid saying: can’t, hard, difficult. Say: I can, it’s easy, it’s simple.
- Keep your home, desk, closets, car… clean, neat and organized.
- Use a simple time management system.
- Listen to music which motivates you.
- Spend more time with nature.
- Act as if all your goals are already accomplished.
- Take a winner to lunch.
- Constantly escalate your goals.